Vegan Black Bean Patty Burger
- 2 Cups of Love Earth Black Bean (Boil Cook)
- 3 Tbsp of Love Earth Brown or Golden Flaxseed (Grounded) – Act as a binder
- 1 Regular/ Large Carrots (Shredded) – Remove excess water in any.
- 1 Tbps of Love Earth Chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Minces Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Cumin Seeds (Grounded)
- Love Earth Seasalt for taste
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add ground flax seed and mash half the black beans with a fork, making sure to incorporate the ground flax seed into the mash.
- Let the ground flax and mashed beans sit together while you grate the carrot. You can use your food processor attachment or grate by hand.
- Once the carrot has been grated, you will have to wring out the excess water. You can use your hands or a clean cheese cloth to do this.
- Add the carrot to the black bean and ground flax mixture. Add the spices and stir well, to fully incorporate the carrot and spices.
- Form the burgers into 6 equal size patties, about the size of your palm cupped.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick or add about 1 tsp of Rice Bean Oil and brush it out to cover the surface.
- Add the vegan black bean burgers and cook for 6 minutes over medium heat. Flip and cook 4 additional minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.