- 1 tsp of finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (Add some Love Earth Rice Bram Oil, Lightly Roasted Cashew Nuts and salt into a blender and blend until smooth)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Love Earth Coconut Syrup
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (add more to taste)
- 1 pinch Love Earth Chili Flakes
- Extra Love Earth Rice Bran Oil for thinning the sauce if the consistency is to dry or thick.
- 2 cups green lettuce
- 1 tsp Love Earth Rice Bran Oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 170g of extra-firm tofu
- 4 medium radishes (Thinly sliced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup fresh basil (rinsed and dried // large stems removed)
- 6-8 spring roll rice papers
Wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and set something slightly heavy on top – such as a saucepan – to begin “pressing” and drawing out excess moisture.
In the meantime, prepare sauce by adding minced garlic, cashew butter, soy sauce, coconut syrup, lime juice, and red pepper flake to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Add little by little rice bran oil until you’ve reached a semi-thick sauce consistency.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice for acidity, red pepper flake for heat, soy sauce for saltiness, or coconut syrup for sweetness. Set aside.
Add clean, dry green lettuce to a medium mixing bowl and top with rice bran oil and soy sauce. Massage with hands to soften and infuse some flavor. This step is optional but results in a more flavorful roll in my opinion.
Prep remaining vegetables and cut tofu into rectangular strip. Arrange on a platter so they’re easy to access. Also ready a cutting board by slightly dampening its surface – this is where you’ll prepare your spring rolls.
Pour very hot water into a wide shallow dish (I use a skillet) and let cool slightly. Then dip one spring roll wrapper in the water and let it soften for 10-12 seconds, until just pliable. If you let it set too long, the paper will get too sticky to work with.
Use your hands to gently spread the wrapper onto your dampened work surface, making sure there aren’t many creases. Then top with fillings in this order: radish, bell pepper, carrot, tofu, basil, green lettuce. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the fillings, firmly tucking them into each other, then fold the sides over the center, and continue rolling until the spring roll is seam side down.
Place seam side down on a serving platter and set aside. Continue until all fillings are used up.
You may fry it or serve directly with cashew dipping sauce. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep stored separately for 2-3 days.