Simple Halloween Soul Cake
- 450g of Love Earth Organic All Purpose Flour
- 175g of Margarine
- 175g Love Earth Unrefined Dark Brown Soft
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp of mixed spice (Love Earth Ceylon Cinnamon & Ginger Powder)
- 100g of Love Earth Australian Currants and Sultana Raisin
- Suitable amount of milk to mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F. Cream the margarine with the sugar until it’s light and fluffy and then beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and the spices together and add to the wet mixture along with the currants (reserving a small handful to decorate the tops later).
- Mix with a wooden spoon and then add some milk to pull everything together into a dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of around 1cm and cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter. Use a straight-sided knife to make a slight cross indent in the top of each cake and then push in raisins along it.
- Place on a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 mins on the fire or in the oven until golden. Allow to cool before eating.