Suitable for Breakfast
– Preparation Time: 5 minutes
– Cook Time: 25 minutes
– Total Time: 30 minutes
> 120 grams Oats (1 and 1/4 cups)
> 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
> 5 tablespoons flaked almonds
> 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
> 2 tablespoons honey
> 1 egg white
> 1 teaspoon almond extract
> 5 semi-dried apricots (diced)
1. Preheat your oven to 150C / Gas mark 2 and line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment or a large silicone mat.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix the oats, sesame seeds, flaked almonds and cinnamon all together.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it is nice and foamy. Add the honey and almond extract and whisk them into the egg white.
4. Add this to the oat mixture and mix well until all the oats are covered in the egg mixture.
5. Stir in the diced apricots.
6. Sprinkle the oat mixture all over the baking sheet, keeping it all clumpy and pop it into your warm oven for 25 to 30 minutes until nice and golden. Stirring once halfway through.
7. Store this easy homemade honey almond granola in an air-proof container for up to 2 weeks.
*Source from Bake Then Eat