Garlic Oat with Eggs
For the Oats:
- 1 Tsp Love Earth Rice Bran Oil
- 2 – 3 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Cup Love Earth Quick Oat
- 2 cups Water
- ¼ cup mild Cheddar (Grated)
- 2 Teaspoons chopped Basil
For the Eggs:
- 1 Teaspoon Love Eart Rice Bran Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Love Earth Organic Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the Oats: Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for 15 seconds and add oats. Stir the oats for a few seconds and add all the water, salt, and pepper. Bring this to a quick boil, and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by which time, the mixture would have thickened up into a porridge-like consistency and the oats will be cooked. Adjust the consistency by adding more water if required. Just before taking oats off the stove, add cheese and basil and mix.
- Fry the eggs: In a non-stick pan, add the oil and fry the eggs one by one. Top each egg with salt and chili powder.
- Assemble and Serve: To serve, divide the oats equally into two bowls. Top each bowl with a fried egg, sprinkle with more chili powder and chopped coriander.