Easy Salted Steam Chicken
- 1/2 Piece of Chicken
- 1-2 Tbsp of Love Earth Korean Bamboo Salt (Adjust to taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp of Sesame Oil (Adjust to taste)
- Chopped Spring Onion for garnish
- Pat the prepped and cleaned chicken dry with paper towels.
- Add bamboo salt bit by bit around the chicken and rub it in by gently massaging the bird. Ensure to coat the whole chicken evenly and completely, including the folds and joints.
- Add in about 2-3 tbsp of Sesame Oil and coat evenly.
- Let the bird rest uncovered at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Prepare steamer by bringing water to a boil. Meanwhile place the chicken onto a large tapered dish (to collect juices). Drain all liquids from the marinate.
- Pour the leftover Sesame Oil evenly onto the chicken.
- Steam on low heat for 10-15 minutes*.
- Turn off the heat let chicken sit covered in steamer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer. Taste test a small slice of breast meat and feel free to add more bamboo salt if necessary, while the chicken is still hot.
- Let stand uncovered at room temperature for at least 4 hours, up to 6 hours.
- Portion chicken and return the meat to a serving platter with drippings from the steaming. Garnish with spring onions and serve warm with rice.