Easy Gingerbread Man
- 2/3 Cup of Unsalted Margarine
- 3/4 Cup of Love Earth Dark Brown Soft
- 2/3 Cup of Love Earth Molasses Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cup of Love Earth Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Love Earth Himalaya Rock Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Love Earth Pure Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Love Earth Natural Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the margarine for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the dark brown soft sugar and molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined and creamy-looking. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Next, beat in egg and vanilla on high speed for 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. The butter may separate; that’s ok.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon together until combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick and slightly sticky. Divide dough in half and place each onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap each up tightly and pat down to create a disc shape. Chill discs for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Remove 1 disc of chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator. Generously flour a work surface, as well as your hands and the rolling pin. Don’t be afraid to continually flour the work surface as needed- this dough can be sticky. Roll out disc until 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes. Place shapes 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Re-roll dough scraps until all the dough is shaped. Repeat with remaining disc of dough.
- Bake cookies for about 9-10 minutes. If your cookie cutters are smaller than 4 inches, bake for about 8 minutes. If your cookie cutters are larger than 4 inches, bake for about 11 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Once completely cool, decorate as desired.