Coconut Flour Lemon Cake (2 9-inch Cake)
Lemon Cake Layers:
- 1 cup Love Earth Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Love Earth Sea Salt Fine
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 6 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Love Earth Organic Coconut Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 4 lemons
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 batch lemon curd
- 1 pint coconut cream from 3 cans of chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1–2 tablespoons of Love Earth Raw Honey
- Fresh Berries
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line bottom of pans with parchment paper cut into a circle to fit the bottom.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice, virgin coconut oil, coconut syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest until foamy.
- Add wet mix (3) to dry mix (2) and mix well to combine.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until thick soft peaks form. Fold very gently into a cake batter. Pour evenly into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and cakes are golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely to avoid melting your cream.
- To make the whipped cream, use an electric mixer, beat the coconut cream until light and fluffy. Add 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey, if desired.
- To assemble the cake, place the first lemon cake layer on the plate or cake stand. Cover evenly with lemon curd and spoon whipped cream into the center so you don’t get whipped cream overflow. Place a second lemon cake layer on top and repeat lemon curd and whipped cream. Top with berries. Enjoy!