Classic Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil
- 2 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1kg Peeled, Deseeded and Chopped Pumpkin Chunk
- 700ml of Love Earth Mushroom Seasoning Stock
- 150ml of Double Cream
- Handful of Love Earth Pumpkin Kernel
- Heat 2 tbsp rice bran oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not colored.
- Add 1kg of pumpkin to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour 700ml mushroom seasoning stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
- Pour 150ml double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve.
- Add a handful of pumpkin seeds to the pan, then cook for a few mins more until they are toasted.
- Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve scattered with croutons and pumpkin kernel and drizzled some cream, if you want.