Christmas Fruit Mince Pies
- 200g of Love Earth Light Roasted Natural Almonds
- 1 Cup of Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 Cup of Love Earth Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- 1/2 Amount of Juice and Zest from Orange
- Pinch of Love Earth Himalaya Rock Salt
- 1 Tbs of Syrup
Fruit Mince Filling:
- 50g Each of Love Earth Organic Sultanas,Organic Black Raisins, Organic Dried Australian Currants, Natural Goji Berries and Natural Cranberries
- 1 Juice and zest of Orange
- 1 Apple (Grated)
- 2 Tbs of Love Earth Unrefined Molasses Sugar
- 1 Tbs of Love Earth Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp of Love Earth Natural Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp of Minced Ginger
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer over a medium to low heat for 10 minutes. All liquid will absorb. Set aside to cool and make the pastry.
- In a food processor, blend almonds into a fine flour. Then add the rest of the ingredients until it all comes together like a dough.
- Roll pastry out flat In between 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of the pastry. Roll scraps out again and cut stars for the top if you wish.
- Grease a muffin tin and place each circle into the tin and press down to form a case.
- The pastry may crack, but just press it back together.
- Fill each case to the top with the Fruit mince. Place the star on top and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing.
- Otherwise they will break.