Carrot Cake with Rice Bran Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Love Earth Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Tsp of Mixed Spice
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Natural Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Pure Ginger Powder
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup of Chopped Lightly Roasted Walnuts
- 2 Cups of Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup of Love Earth Fruity Mixed
- 2 Tbsp of Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift flours, spices and soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined, don’t beat.
- Line a 20-23 cm cake tin (6 cm deep) with baking paper and grease well. Pour cake mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for one hour.
- Remove the carrot cake from the oven and cool. Remove cake from cake tin and peel away paper. Decorate with any topping or icing.Extra Carrot Cake hints:
– The best way to check your cake is cooked is to insert a skewer in to the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, take it out of the oven.