Banana Nut Muffin (Serves 12)
- 2 cups Love Earth Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Love Earth Sea Salt Fine
- 1 cup Love Earth Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 4 Overripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Love Earth Lightly Roasted Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and lightly butter 2 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, and sea salt; then set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl. With an electric mixer, whip the remaining bananas and brown sugar together for 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract, and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients (2) just until incorporated. Then, fold in the pecan nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway. Then, drop the muffin tins onto the counter three or four times to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature.