35 Minute Ribbon Muruku
- 2 Cups of Boiled Love Earth White Rice
- 10 Pieces of Red Chilies
- 2 Full Pods of Garlic
- Preferred amount of Love Earth Himalaya Rock Salt
- 500g of Chickpea flour
- 1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
- 3 Tbsp of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil for preparing the dough
- Suitable amount of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil for frying
- Soak rice for 2 hours. Wash, drain the water and grind it in the wet grinder to a fine paste adding water, peeled garlic, needed salt and red chilies. ( Do not add too much water for grinding)
- Sieve chickpea flour and keep it aside.
- Mix the ground rice batter + chickpea flour + asafoetida + 3 tbsp hot oil + needed water to make a soft dough. Knead well. (You can taste the dough to check for salt)
- Take a murukku maker and fix the ribbon pakoda making plate/disc.
- Heat oil (to test if the oil is hot, drop a small ball of dough into the oil, if it raises to the surface immediately, then the oil is hot enough to fry the murukkus)
- Put the prepared dough inside the murukku maker and press it directly into the hot oil in a circular motion.
- You will get a sizzling sound when the murukku is getting cooked. Flip it over to the other side and fry both sides well till golden brown.
- When the “shh sound/sizzling sound” ceases, the murukku is done. Use a slotted ladle to remove the murukku and drain it on a paper towel or colander.
Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.